Creative New Year Resolutions
2012 is the Year of [insert your name here]. I'm not into making resolutions but let's start setting some ground rules for how we're going to operate this year. You have a lot of things you want to accomplish, so stop being a whiny brat and get to work.
Say it after me, "This year, I WILL:
If you’re in school:
* Stay up to date on every and anything going on in the industry
* Network with classmates, graduates and working professionals.
* Enter as many competitions as possible
* Never give up.
* Push all my ideas to be award-winning, quality, conceptual and artfully-executed pieces.
If you’re looking for a job:
* Research the people, places and clients I want to work on and reach out to the appropriate people to make it happen
* Always write thank you notes
* Update my book as often as possible to keep it current and keep myself busy
* Push, push, push and push.
* Make looking for a job my job and put in several hours a day into emailing, calling and meeting with people.
If you already have a job:
* Collect and keep all the files of things I’ve been working on. Produced or not. Just in case.
* Update my book at least twice this year.
* Find a work mentor and a work ally to help me grow
* Impress my boss and coworkers
* Work harder than my boss and coworkers
* Look at every project like “This is my chance to be amazing.” And I will find a way to make it true.
* Always do my best. Always.